MiDAS is fast becoming a recognised standard for the training of Minibus Drivers, MiDAS (Minibus Drivers Awareness Scheme) is a nationally recognised certificate. Syston and District Volunteer Centre can offer driver training at our own training facility or on site at your premises.
We have our own fleet of modern Minibuses and can provide both driver training and accessibility training dependant on your requirements. MiDAS helps minibus drivers to improve passenger safety and comfort, build driving skills and confidence behind the wheel.
The course consists of a one day classroom session with a separate individual on-road driving assessment. The programme includes:
- Legal responsibilities of driving a minibus
- Safe and environmentally friendly driving techniques
- Vehicle familiarisation and checking
- The correct use of passenger lifts and wheelchair restraints
- A certificate valid for 4 years upon successful completion
What participants say:
- Everything was excellent – very friendly and helpful trainer.
- I learnt how to cope with disabled people on a minibus and general Health & Safety issues with regard to driving.
- Good sound basic course throughout brining me up to date with latest issues.
- They gave me practical experience on how to handle passengers with disability.
- Excellent course
- The content was very thorough.